—Part 1 of a series of practical tips put together by Declan O’Flaherty
• Only boil the required amount in your kettle, use recently acquired electricity monitor to see how much a kettle actually uses.
• Tumble dryer use as little as possible and only use with full loads also apply this to washing machine and dish washer.
• Try to purchase A rated appliances as these are most energy efficient.
• Use emersion sparingly and fit timer to same as we can forget to turn off!
• Turn down thermostat on your boiler by one degree saves 10% on your heating bill.
• Block off open chimneys when not in use with chimney balloon or preferably fit stove to increase efficiency of your fireplace from 20% to 75%.
• Ensure curtains don’t over hang your radiators as this actually forces heat out your window.
• Follow this link to Seai website for more information: SEAI- Top Energy Saving Tips